Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Late Summer Dry Fly and Dropper Fishing


The dry fly and dropper or dry fly and double dropper fishing on the Watauga River has been so fun the past few weeks. I haven't had to look at a thing a ma bobber in weeks. I have been out guiding trips and fishing for fun. Fish on the Watauga are eating every kind of dry fly you can think of right now: Caddis Flies, Chernobyl Ants, Sulphur Flies, Crane Flies, Beetles, and Little tiny midges and Blue Winged Olives. Crazy. I even saw two fish in the Caddis Riffle fighting over a white Caterpillar (I tied some to try this Friday). The water is low and clear. Approximately half of the fish I am catching we are sight fishing. If you haven't tried sight fishing you have to try it. It is one of the most rewarding fly fishing experiences you will ever have. Attatched is a picture of Annie sporting her new Brown Trout Fly Fishing hat and holding one of the many fish she boated on our morning float last week. We hadn't fish together since June. What a sin. I am looking forward to fishing with all of you this fall. Even though I love fishing the Watauga River and South Holston Tailwaters the great Asheville local fishing is just around the corner.

Brown
803-431-9437
brown@browntroutflyfishing.com

www.browntroutflyfishing.com